Tuesday, June 7, 2011

30 Days of TV: Day Five

A Show I Hate

Jersey Shore


I'm just going to come right out and say it. I HATE this show. PERIOD. Every fibre of my being cringes whenever I see any mention of this show. I cannot believe people watch this crap and actually enjoy it. One day I sat down and flipped through the channels and happened to stop on one that was showing Jersey Shore. I watched about 5 mins and I literally wanted to wash my brain out with bleach. The idiotic nicknames, the ridiculously over the top attitudes and the pathetic things they get up to just disgusted me. 

I'm not going to give this show any more of my time than it took to write these few lines about it. If someone could please explain to me what I'm supposed to enjoy about watching trashy overgrown children giving the state and the ethnic community a bad name, I'd appreciate that. I honestly can't even get past the fact that people are watching a show about some punks who don't actually even live in the area that the show is based around.

This is what's wrong with reality TV and the celebrity hype machine today. Jersey Shore's cast...getting rich and famous for being idiots on TV. At least they have the good sense to milk it for all it's worth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment